The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Leadbelly

63' 1/2 ton 2WD SWB Body Lift

So, been through the 5 pages of threads on pro's and con's of a body lifts and I decided to do it. Looking for a slightly higher, more rugged stance to accommodate a 215/85 R16 tire wheel set. I have began posting progress photos of the project on my Flickr site (other mods as well).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dodson...57661999798034

So far, I have taken pictures, made some measurements, and made note of possible issues that will occur due to the lift - in other areas, i.e. steering angle, linkages, cables, fuel lines, bumpers, etc. (these all came from the thread research - thank you). I have purchased new mounting kits (cab and radiator). Managed to get a nice(!) piece of Delrin for nothing and began making the lift blocks and pucks. The Delrin being 2 5/8" is higher than the 2" I had originally planned on for the lift, but that can easily be trimmed down - and very well may, based on the huge difference I see in the new vs 53 year old original rubber on the truck. I could possibly see an inch with just that swap.
So on to longer bolts. Will post updates. There are plenty of lift threads so hopefully mine for a 63' 1/2 ton SWB will be of some interest. That, and, I am not purchasing a kit but building everything myself and promise not to leave you hanging on the final outcome.
Leadbelly

“Look at it as therapy, not transportation”
Leadbelly is offline   Reply With Quote