The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #1
johnscab

'72 C20 350/SM465 - Pedal push rod lever adjustment

Hi. Looking for some help on a clutch setup on this C20 i bought. Its a factory V8 with an SM-465. The kid before me got the clutch done and it was having trouble shifting. There was CRAZY adjustment on the lower rod with washer shims and the adjustment nuts were at their maximum. I pulled the motor to rebuild it. Upon inspection, I found the fingers of the new pressure plate were uneven, which I thought was the issue since there was not an even disengagement of the clutch... however, I bought a new RAM setup and installed it. Same adjustment. I removed the upper linkage and it was bent, so i straightened it.... however that didn't solve the issue. I read a unch of threads and I think that the pedal pus rod lever on the pedal assembly may be wrong. The pedal all the way up, the lever is pointing directly back at the driver. Is this correct? Help. Please.
johnscab is offline   Reply With Quote