The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #10
II_Slow

Re: 55*6BT My 55 w/ Cummins power

Spend some time this weekend on the intercooler plumbing. I had already cut the inlet tubes to length and hand them marked and clamped, brought them to the local aluminaum weld shop and had them welded so that side is done. Played around with the routing on the exit side boost tubes and now have those cut to fit and clamped together. Waiting on the intake flange to arrive this week, then will take this side to the weld shop and have them welded up.

Was a little concerned with the hood fitting since I raised the radiator a little (had to move up when I moved it back since the frame rails are sloped). Had to change up the boost tube routing a little but everything clears good now. I don't have the factory brace on the hood so I've got to brace it back up somehow - very flimsy without it. First time I've had the hood on it in months.

Finally finished with all of the big patch work on the floors. Sill have to weld in the drivers side cab corner and both rockers, and some patch work on the lower hinge pockets and at the back cab mounts. Both to be done with the cab off after finishing the rockers.
II_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote