The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
jhnpldng

John's 53 3100 with S10 swap

Just bought 4 ADs, two with titles, one of which is a 53. The 53 has the most potential for a quick patina S10 swap so that's first in line. The truck has stencilled letters on the front of the bedsides with the PO's name. His name was Leo so that will be the truck's name. Say Hi to Leo.

I see that turquoise under there that's desirable for patina. I'll have to see how much of that I can bring out.

Here's the other trucks.

Those two are coming from the same place as Leo. They were both green originally. One dark and one medium green. My second project might just be green patina.
The next one is a 1950 2-ish ton that I bought along with a 79 Chevy Wrecker with a Holmes 480 sling n boom. That'll come in handy for moving cabs around. Both the 50 and wrecker run and move under their own power but neither are close to road worthy. Got em both for 2k and got the other 3 ADs for 1.5k. Leo was a running, drivable truck when it was parked and disassembly started 10+ years ago

I'm going to pick up the wrecker tomorrow, then the hunt is on for an S10 donor. Thought I had a good one found. $500 for a 91, 4.3 with new tires on Cragars with the back rims being wider that the front. But..... "the number you have reached is no longer in service" and no answer via email. Prob had internet through the phone co. ez come ez go.

After making two trucks, I'm going to put the leftover rusty parts on the 2 ton and keep it around here for a yard dog. I live in the back woods so I could drive it around the gravel roads. Teach the kids how to drive that thing. A normal vehicle will be easy after that.