The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #25
Firebirdjones

Re: Thoughts on value

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68longhorn View Post
Im still living in the past apparently. Its a nice looking truck but for 10k or more I think it should be spotless, and everything work perfect. I know new truck prices are astronomical but I still don't see it with these old trucks. Even with the 67-72 I can't understand the prices they go for.

I bought my 86 with 105k miles, good paint, nickle sized rust holes in the cab corners and surface rust on lf fender for well under $1500 in 2008. I think I got a great deal on it, thought it was maybe a $2500-$3000 truck at that time and still a similar value today.
LOL, I hear that often from old folks. Many people who were around during the muscle car wars of the 60's think those cars shouldn't cost more than they did when they were new.

Well, these trucks are getting old now, just like the muscle cars did. And just like furniture or any other type of desirable antique, when they get old and there is an attraction for them, the prices naturally go up.

You won't get a spotless anything for $10k anymore, and you certainly can't build a spotless car for less either. Some are lucky enough to get in while it was cheap, while others now are on the outside looking in.

But on the same token, I'm not into the 80's trucks that much, I don't care for computer controlled stuff, so yeah, they aren't worth as much to me. That doesn't mean they won't fetch good money though. They are nice trucks and the last of the square body style.

I think he did fine on his purchase.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote