The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
DTMsurf

New 72 c10 owner with a couple questions

So I just sold my 65 F100 and picked up a much nicer 72 C10. I've wanted one ever since I sold a 73 suburban 15yrs ago and regretted the hell out of that move. Anyway, I just replaced all four shocks and put new rotors and pads on the front so now it's time to start thinking about what to do next.

The truck has what looks like all the a/c equipment and in good condition. The seller had it charged but said there must be a leak. The question is do I attempt to get the a/c working or just pull it all out and move forward with headers and exhaust? (needs new exhaust). How many of you are having success with the original a/c systems?

Second question, I want to lower it 3" up front and 5" in the rear. It's a disc brake up front and leaf spring rear truck and I've been searching through all the kits but was hoping some of you might have suggestions. Looking for the most complete kit at the best price.

Third question, the truck has the two xtra gas tanks but both are disconnected. Do you think I should pull them off the truck to save weight? Would I be able to sell them as they look rust free? Has anyone pulled these, do they have to be cut out or are there bolts somewhere I can't see from under the truck?
Not sure why the pic is upside down?
Thanks for any info!
Bill in San Diego
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

DTMsurf is offline   Reply With Quote