The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
MotoPhotog

Where did you buy your GM Crate V8?

As title says, I'm trying to weigh options between cost/power/work load.

I'm looking for your opinion on cost saving 350. Goal is street driven truck that "wakes up" when you're looking to step on it. Always loved the lumpy cam sound. My 70 c10 already has edelbrock rpm intake, ceramic headers, 2" exhaust all the way back. Makes my 307 sound as good as its going to sound

That said, I'd like to not get 5mpg like my 427 chevelle was, but I don't need 14mpg like I'm getting now.

Jegs $1459 base crate 350 -

How many of you guys have bought this engine, put in a different cam before installation, good intake, carb, and ran headers/exhaust through for it? Struggling with the "start with new" vs, buying one built for a little less.
I think the base model with things above would be about 275horse. Discussion for thought on this? It would be for a "driver" that like anyone in this group, I want the engine to be snappy when you want it to wake up. Neighbor suggested if you buy this crate motor to also replace rockers/lifters with roller set. While engine is on the stand. Ideas/discussion?

I'd love to be done and self installed by $2,000.

Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676621
MotoPhotog is offline   Reply With Quote