The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
vweater2001

1969 GMC Stepside SWB Tranny/Rear End Choices

I'm looking to purchase a tranny & rear end from the stock set up I have now on my truck. Just looking to do minimal work and just pretty much plug n play to what I've got in it...what set up do ya'll recommend with a chevy 350ci (crate engine) w/Holley650 set up with a mild cam. I want to have this done soon and with the least work/parts to buy and just replace those two things.

I just want to be able to get rid of the granny gear, and have a posi in this truck. what bugs me the most is the feeling of not putting the power down to the ground and truck just feels sluggish and I can't but think that it's because the engine has been upgraded but the rest of the drive train isn't. I know I'll need to upgrade suspension soon too...I'm coming from vw's so just bare with my questions as I'm still learning from you guys here on the board.

Are there newer truck set ups that would just bolt on with minimal work? All your guys help/rec's are greatly appreciated.

1969 GMC C1500 Stepside Shortbed - daily driver

Mando
vweater2001 is offline   Reply With Quote