The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
jtinpdx

Making steel fuel lines. Have questions.

Hi All,
I think I'm ready to tackle getting rid of my rubber fuel line from the pump to the carb and adding a fuel pressure regulator for the Edelbrock carb. I have the flare nut tools and have learned how to make the flares and bend the tubing. But I'd like to ask some questions before tearing things apart.

The stainless steel section coming from the fuel pump that there already, is that stock? It looks like 3/8ths. Should I expect that it's externally threaded and would mate to a female flare nut? Is it NPT? Are flare nuts generally NPT if they're not AN?

At the carb, what is that fitting? Does it need to be replaced? If so, with what? If not, what flare nut goes on that end?

Lastly, I was going to use this regulator. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-8190/overview/
It calls for NPT fittings. I have flare nut fittings from Napa. Are those NPT or should I go back and confirm I have the right ones?

Thanks,
Jeff
Attached Images

jtinpdx is offline   Reply With Quote