The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
midniteblues

front leaf question

when i got my 71 k20 it it had a broken ds leaf.trying to save some $ i just got another 3 leaf spring from the jy from the only 67-72 k i know of in any yard around and it only had one good one.

i pulled my d 44 out yesterday and p washed everything then noticed that my good spring on the ps the middle leaf dosent loop around the front eyelet like the one i got from the yard i completely over looked/didnt notice the ps side

question 1...so im guessing what i thought was my one good leaf is broke also...yes/no.

. are both l&r leafs identical should my ps middle leaf have that half hook around the eyelet ? if its broke it sure is a clean break.

question 2. mine is a 71 and has that metal strap across the ds front hanger and what looks too be a travel limiter behind the ds spring eyelet/shackle are both of these nessacary/ if i use square body springs do i remove that rear limiter thingy

question 3.
i can get a nice set of 4 square body 4" lift springs i read that my mounts gotta be moved to use these...do i have to move both the front and back mount of the front spring?

4th. question

if i use the square body springs and have too move the front hanger is there still enough room too mount my tow hooks.....

i really need to start a build thread on this truck since i'm a 4x4 newbie i have many questions
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote