The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2004, 02:28 AM   #1
FatGuy

Steering column woes!

My 1986 GMC Sierra was stolen before I had it a week. Luckily the police recovered it before I knew it was gone (I didn't find out that they had it until I had the sinking feeling for about 30 Minutes). Anyway enough rambling here is my question I need a new steering column and I need to know what will fit with out any modifications. I have already been told that I don’t want anything 83 or before due to the windshield wiper controls being on the dash but there are a few on eBay for trucks anywhere from '88-'91 will these work the pictures look similar but I need an easy swap. I don’t have the facilities so I will have to borrow them and cannot leave the truck in pieces while I find another column if the one I buy doesn’t work. LOHRTBT turned me on to this board and said that the members were very nice and helpful. I am in dire need of both right now.

Thanks

'86 GMC SWB
FatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote