The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Chrispbrown36

Favorite all terrain tire.

I hadn't really been looking for tires for the truck (87 V10, auto) but Friday I was getting some tires put on the wife's car and got to looking around. They had a set of 31 10.5x15 BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains sitting there and at a decent price. I also looked over the All Terrain KO2's and really like them, but the price is a lot better on the Rugged's. I just question whether they will handle much mud and the reviews in the snow aren't great either. I don't do any major off roading....bout the most mud she sees is when I pull her by the garden (REALLY steep hill so I need the traction) or if I drive to the back area behind the pond to get a deer during deer season. Currently I have Dunlop Mud Rovers (previous owner purchased) and I love the look and the traction, but they are wearing terribly fast and I am tired of the howl going down the road.
I have always heard good things about the BFG all terrains and the KO2's seem to be even better. The rugged terrains seem to be 99% on-road and barely capable of off-road, so I think I am going to pass on them. Anything I am missing? Brands I should look at for a daily driver that needs to be able to get traction in snow and mud from time to time?
Chrispbrown36 is offline   Reply With Quote