The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2016, 04:37 AM   #11
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Re: 75 Dually build

Just a reminder for me and everyone who may have any questions on the specifics to your rearend setup lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post
So I got it mocked up and wanted to put the rims on and check the clearances. I cannot be more pleased right now. The measurements worked put perfectly with that 3/4 ton rear end, the rims and tires are going to tuck right up in the stock fenders! Knowing that I do not have to modify those stock fenders is a huge relief.

Quote:
Got all my tires mounted today (finally!). So tonight I put the rear duals on. I was seriously crossing my fingers as I checked out the clearances as I raised the rear end. I was so happy to find out all the hard work paid off!! No clearance issues!!! I have 1/2" total clearance at the top when the rear is at it's lowest point.

The reason for the lack of clearance issues is Tennessee Wheel and Tire machined the face of the rear rims, and that gave me the 3/4" of clearance I needed. I cannot thank Trevor enough. If you want work done for your dually wheels that is the place to go!

I cannot tell you how happy I am that I do not have to modify the rear fenders. That saves me days and days of work. Now I can concentrate on some more important portions of the build.

Stay tuned
Quote:
Karl,

TW&T did all my work as you know. They are really great to work with! If I remember it right Trevor charged me $125 per wheel for the machining from 22.5" to 22". He cuts the inner surface where the bead sits. I also got the rear 4 rims face milled 3/8". That gave me the correct dimensions to tuck the rear with stock fenders. That was $75 or $100 per wheel for the face milling, for some reason I can't remember the exact cost on that. Maybe I am suffering from CRS... Can't Remember Stuff!
Which all adds up to-
3/4 ton SRW 14B axle complete
Semi wheels faced 3/8" per wheel on all 4 rears
285/xx/22 tire

The magical combo per se.