The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
SLDPULR

New cab vs body work... HELP!

Hey guys and gals. I wanted to pick your brains about something. Ive got a 1969 C10 short bed. I just finished the last few pieces on my Chassis. Ive got everything finished from front to back. Now its time to get after the cab and bed. My bed is in wonderful shape but my cab not so much. I know that I need cab supports, new firewall, roof skin, complete floor pan, cab corners and rockers. Would it be better to try and track down a rust free cab or to pay someone to just do all the metal work. I was planning on doing it all but after having the cab sand blasted it is something I would rather not do due to time and not having the necessary tools. If any body shop guys are reading this please chime in. Also if anyone knows of any rust free cabs please let me know. I am in Oklahoma and don't mind driving to pick one up. Need HELP!