The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #1
lkfldredneck

Door handle question..

So, door handle rotted through. ripped the bolt out of the one side trying to open it the other day.

Ordered a new handle, it works great. nice quality. But, the problem im having is with the rod. I got it off, non the less with mangling the clip that held the rod on the latch actuator thing.

I tried getting it back on without using the clip hoping it would hold itself inside and be fine. but thats not the case.

I also noticed from other pictures ive seen, the rod is pointing towards the door jam. or, latch. (L shape towards the latch) Not from behind the latch like mine was, or was that just what people did for ease of access next time around? I cant seem to find too many pictures but what ive found was opposite to what mine was.

Is there anywhere that would possibly just be able to get a single clip, or should i start runnin to the junkers to try and find a good one? Mine was a complete pain in the arse to get off, so i dont know if it would be easier in a wrecker yard. Any help in my situation would be great. Thanks in advance
lkfldredneck is offline   Reply With Quote