The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2016, 02:25 AM   #11
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: LS swap for my 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrodderchev View Post
So finally making progress on it. Need to figure out the fuel lines. My motor has the return lines. I'm new to AN lines learning as I go. I order dirty dingo mounts, ac delco pump, and 87 tank and sender
For my 72 with a LQ9 swap I ran hard line with 3/8 compression to AN fitting on either end to adapt to a short AN flex line. I heard stories of AN line weeping fuel after time.
For my 78 2wd blazer I used all OEM style nylon line. 3/8 feed and 5/16 return. I used brass fitting at the 87+ EFI tank module. I added a 1996 Impala SS inline fuel filter on the frame rail with OEM quick disconnects. I adapted to EFI rubber hose between the carb and the bypass regulator but that was specific to my application. You can run it all the way to the intake. You should have a fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rail if it had a return line. Just add some heat protection on the nylon line if it runs near exhaust/headers.

Check out the link in my signature to see part numbers. I got most of my parts from www.amazon.com

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote