The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #10
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
Hey dugg,since you have that whizzie pressure bleeder, maybe try bleeding at each line fitting, starting at the master cyl and working down from there. You may find that you could simply disconnect a system line at a time and delete the antilock module easily at the same time by using line connector fittings. That may bring your pedal height up to spec. Also, is it the original pedal etc? If not the geometry/length of pedal arm may be the reason you dont meet spec. If you get a rock hard pedal upon brake application, with engine off, then you likely dont have air in the system. Check that the pedal stroke length is reasonable with ample room between the pedal and the floor at full application, check that the pushrod is adjusted for proper clearance at the master cyl.then.
Dennis: Thanks for the brainstorm! The good news is that I took the truck for a spin and the pedal travel is about 3 inches +/- 1/4" which is well within spec. Got it up to speed and it stopped really quickly and straight. After a few more stomps, I managed to lock one wheel up, however, I could not tell which one it was. Pedal is, in fact, rock hard when the engine is off. It is the original pedal which, after this exercise, I intend to cut and move closer to the floor so I don't have to lift my foot so far off the gas to press the brake. The brake/gas pedal arrangement may have been good for the Envoy with the factory sitting position more upright. As low as I have the seats, it is a bit awkward. You guys doing the extended cab version of this shouldn't have this problem. Since the whizzie brake bleeder is so easy to use, I may bleed it one more time. Thanks again for the input. dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote