The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
Wilson!

new to me '76 Custom deluxe

So I got an offer on my GMC from some random dude looking for a 1965 GMC. said he wanted it because it was the year he was born, and always preferred the GMC. The offer included a small stack of $100 bills, a 1976 Chevy C10, and I got to keep all the parts I had.
So here's the specs on the truck: 1976 c10 Custom Deluxe. regular cab, short bed, 2wd. Brakes were super sketchy (master cylinder was dead), interior looks rough, it has rust in one rocker, and a touch in the cab corners. 350 2bbl, 350 turbo trans, one wheel wonder 12bolt rear.
First thing was fixing the brakes, getting the Stance right, and getting the interior decent looking. I used the Rambler wheels, spindles, Springs, and rear disc I bought for the GMC, then ordered tires, a flip kit, carpet, door panels, arm rest, LED headlights, new taillight lenses, and a couple other small things. Waiting on he interior bits and taillight lenses to get here, but I hustled and got the suspension and brakes on yesterday and today. I have someone making some brackets for the 14" Brembos siting on my bench. This is going to be a "ShopTruck" style build. Leaving the paint and body pretty much as is, but getting a shop logo done on the doors. This truck will eventually get he 5.3 /4L60e combo and 66mm turbo sitting in my shed. now for the pics.

When I got it

Current

Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote