The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
Krazy_Kowboy

5 amp fuse for Instrument Lamps keeps popping

First off, first time on the forum (although I've read a ton of other posts over the years). So if this is messy, posted incorrectly, already been discussed and solved, or is confusing, I apologize in advance.

I have a 1979 Chevy C10 Bonanza that I recently inherited and started working on. Recent issue is that the 5 amp fuse for the instrument lamps keeps popping within seconds of pulling the knob (lights never come on). I have had this truck for about 5 months now and never had an issue. About 3 weeks ago while driving home at dusk, I pulled the light switch knob out and the lights (dash) went on then abruptly out. Headlights, taillights, license lights, etc. are all fine. Courtesy lights work fine as well.

So at this point I have replaced the headlight switch, all fuses, and replaced all the bulbs in the cluster. Printed circuit looks to be in good shape w/o any cracks to the circuits. Went out and bought a multimeter and now have NO clue where to start or how....

So to start, here's a pic of the fuse panel (if that's even helpful).

In advance, thanks for your time in this matter!
Attached Images