The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Bullett

62' door weatherstrip replacement sequence?

Ok, I have taken the vent window assembly out and installed all new seals on it. I also have the door glass out and have new window wiper seals for doors and also new upper channel seals that need to be installed. Ok, what is the best sequence to put this back together? Vent window assem in first, then window glass back in, then wiper seals for upper doors, then the upper channel seals? I'm assuming the door glass has to go in before the wiper seals are installed? Do you guys use some type of adhesive on the upper channel seals? If so, on the sides of the seal or do you put it on the back side? Oh, one of my seals that came with the kit, the division post seal, looks like the soft, fuzzy part of Velcro. Does this work ok? There just doesn't seem to be much there, you would think the window will have to much space in the track and will rattle? Thanks...bullett
Bullett is offline   Reply With Quote