The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
ptc

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpickup View Post
Took a half day because we were not busy at work today. Did a few hours of house projects. Then out to the garage I went. I fit the drivers outer door panel. Then welded it up, ground the welds , and the ran the shrinking disc over it. It only will need a little bit of filler. That is probably one the best metal work tools I bought. Then onto the passengers door. I cut off the bottom of the door and have the bottom inner welded in. Should have the outer on Friday afternoon. I always have to laugh when I work on something someone else did. The standard overlay right over the rusty hole riden panel. Plus can't let out the brazing too.

Shannon
Shannon great work on the doors, as always you make this stuff look easy! Do you overlap your new panels and weld them on or butt them together? also I heard you mention 'glue'? what adhesives do you use, can this been done for the panels instead of welding or in addition to the welds?

Also what is the shrinking disk tool you mention? got a pic or p/n?

Thanks so much - about to embark on this myself and need all the help I can get.

p