The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #1
JayJayB

Blue Sky

Here it is! I finally pawned my non-running, chopped up, beat to H-E-double toothpicks Chevy LUV off for this ol' thing. It's rough right now to say the least.

My plan for it at this point, since my budget is really tight, to get it moving under it's power. (don't get me wrong, I would love to restore it!) I can tell that the engine in it is not the original and has some issues anyway like a *shudder* 2bbl intake, no carb, no distributor, and no alternator brackets. I have a Mercruiser 5.7L with a 4bbl intake that's almost ready to go.

Sometime in it's life, someone converted it to an internally regulated alternator, then the brackets were robbed. The booster and master cylinder have been changed out for a later year as well (plastic reservoir). It has leaf springs on the rear (is that factory?). Not sure if the rear axle is factory either (it's locked up atm, too; I will pull the wheels and check the brakes at some point). It has no drive shaft at all. The transmission is questionable and not sure which one it is yet (can't get under it without getting really muddy atm). Not sure what else it needs at this point, mechanically speaking. Any info is appreciated.

For now, I have uploaded some pics here and if more are needed, let me know what angle to take them from and I'll do it. Thx!
Attached Images