The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #1
rambler
MOVE OVER

Back on the Road

Well after a failed water pump that caused the engine to overheat and loosen the valve covers which leaked oil all over the manifolds, which of course caught fire.... from the last road trip to my Dad's I've got it back home, and back on the road.. I just went to Springfield on Sunday, round trip of about 300+ miles.. ran fine.. picked up a couple of nice used doors and met another board member, and my daugher and I had a nice road trip, She's 13 going on 20 we had to stop and buy some "air freshner" and some cleaner, because of the "dirty and dusty" smell of the truck,, She wants to Tinker with me on it this summer,, to learn,, but would rather ride in "mom's" surburban, because its got AC in the Summer and Heat in the winter, and not as noisy. LOL,,, but at least we cleaned up the inside of the truck.. now she says it needs a paint job!