The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2016, 01:30 AM   #1
Super_Dave

Website Frustrations

Am I the only one who gets frustrated about a lot of websites these days?

For instance:

1. EBay asks you to identify your parameters for looking at vehicles or parts and then returns everything under the sun. If I ask for a list of 1974 Chevrolet C10, I get everything including Pontiac hubcaps and collector dishes!.. Craigs list does the same damn thing. Ask for specific vehicles in a specific date range and you even get lawn mowers and tractors!

2. Websites that make you wade through tons of parts to try and locate what you want or need because they don't use any search filters to isolate just the parts you are looking for, or allow you to restrict it to the year of your vehicle.

3. Websites that have sections identified as GM and then display mostly JEEP, AMC, FORD and the GM stuff is sprinkled in among the rest. Case in point is Howell EFI... I dare anyone to find a specific $1,400 TBI kit specific to a 350 CID SBC - arguably the most used SBC today. Hell, even International Harvester had engine specific TBI kits listed!! And this is from a company founded and run for the past 25+ years by a died-in-the-wool ex GM Engioneer who's sole background was engine related. That doesn't keep me from putting them at the top of my list for a TBI setup... but, damn, I say damn son, can't you bring the website into the 21st century and make it more used friendly? Not everyone looking for a 350 SBC kit is doing a one-off motor swap!

4. GOOGLE searches that are more focused on returning results based on buying page ranking and not actual content relevant to your search. They are making the internet a muddled cesspool of unrecognizable and irrelevant information that takes far too long to wade through.

5. YouTube videos that are, at best, a hit or miss proposition when looking for a video specific to what you are looking for. You clearly ask for something specific to Chevrolet and you get everything including the neighbors goats. Hell, I even get YouTube results that are "Adult" rated when looking for Automotive videos!!! What the hell is that all about?!

... the list could go on forever, but you get the point. Clearly I have had too much coffee, far too late into the night...

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote