The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2016, 02:14 AM   #1
63chevy208

The neighborhood pusher! 1963 c10

So I picked up a 63 c10 today for $1200 bucks. Needs lots of work, but it will be a fun restore. I picked this up and drove it home, with my 04 chevy and boy was that interesting. The tires on this thing are very wide, so the dolly was a little on the small side. Well, somewhere on the freeway the truck shifted down into the wheel valley that the tires should sit on. Since these tires were so wide they were sitting on the outside edges. Then at some point going up a little hill, the tie downs on the dolly holding the tire popped off. At this point, I was about 2 miles from home. I got the straps back on, with the help of another strap to help pull the front left closer onto the trailer again. So I show up in my neighborhood, on my court. I go to put it in reverse to back up a little and I heard this loud POP. The front right tire, the one that the strap came off Jumped out of where it was and onto the loading ramp portion of the dolly. Well at this time, It's starting to storm outside. Luckily a neighbor was outside and he started to help. I had to run and get another neighbor to help when I came back a third guy came outside. Luckily I was able to get it off the dolly and up onto the driveway.

I use to own a 1960 GMC and sold it when I was about 19. One of the stupidest things I've done. So this is my Re-do.

It's gonna need a lot of work. Slowly but surely, it will come along.

63chevy208 is offline   Reply With Quote