The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
frankenstein55

55' swb TF 3100 on a 1967 swb c10 frame.

Hey Y'all,

I have been building/driving a 1965 SWB stepside c10 since probably 1992. I put the 65' body on a 67' chassis cause the 65' frame was garbage and I knew the 67' was good since I was driving it. I just liked the 65' look better.
I recently started redoing it again, this time much more high end. Disc brakes all around, rack & pinion, coil overs, nasty stance, fuel injected Big block, power everything . all the goodies. However, I recently picked up a swb stepside TF 55' cab and front end. No frame. I have always liked the 55' to 57' body lines MUCH better than the 60'-66' so now I wanna put the 55' body on the 67' chassis, which is purty much ready for powder coat now. Question is...considering the 55-59 stepsides have the same bed as the 60-66's and only a 1" shorter wheel base...Will the 55' body mount to the 67' frame. Oh yeah...the 65' body fit the 67' frame perfectly except for moving the rear cab perches up a few inches. Everything else went right on. Has anyone here done this swap before or know of it being done. I've put stupid money into this truck already and I'm not gonna start over with a different chassis so I'm either gonna make this work or just finish the 65' and do the 55' later. I know You guys can help as I've been lurking on this site for years, gleaning all kinds of good info and tricks. Any help or advice will be welcomed with open ears. Thanks Y'all, CAR
frankenstein55 is offline   Reply With Quote