The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 AM   #1
CastIron

Sway Bar Question

I recently acquired a 1 1/4" front sway bar (off of a late 70s 3/4 ton) for my '69 C1500. I got the mounting brackets with the bar and ordered some new Moog bushings (K6476) as per some the other sway bar threads.
I've got everything cleaned up and ready to install. Here's the problem: the bushings looks like they are about 1/4" too tall for the brackets. There was washers under the brackets when I took them off the donor truck, but they aren't close to being thick enough. I'm pretty sure if I tried installing them right now the bolts would be tight but there would be a gap between the brackets the the control arms/frame brackets. The original bushings were rubber and in pretty bad shape. It doesn't look like the urethane bushings are going to compress very much without causing the bar to bind. I'm thinking I'll have to add a few washers under each bracket. Anybody have any better ideas?

Name:  DSC00010.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  33.9 KB

I've already looked at a lot of other threads and I've only seen one other person use washers under the brackets.
CastIron is offline   Reply With Quote