The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Rich69shortfleet

A few photos of my 69 C10 short fleet

I've had the truck since 1998 or 1997. It was originally a 307/TH350 plain jane with HD suspension which sat it up like a 4x4 and had 6-bolt lugs. I have rebuilt the entire drivetrain adding a 400sb, rebuilt the TH350, added a 12-bolt posi and converted it to 71 discs and large rear drums which also converted it to 5-bolt lugs and power brakes came along for the ride as the originals were manual. I've added aftermarket AC. When I get around to restoring it I'll probably convert that to behind the dash AC. I've lowered it about 4 inches with springs, better shocks, adjustable panhard rod and large sway bars front and rear. I've added a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit retractable tonneau cover, a hidden hitch, GM rear overload half-leaf rear springs (which I install for towing and hauling and remove for everyday driving). I added stock style power steering as well.

It had extra gauges which I kept but I've added a set of salvaged but nice 71 gauges with the factory wiring. I added a cowl induction hood. The original was solid but got hail damage and the cost was the same either way so I went with a cowl hood for a little more aggressive look. I added a Grant wooden steering wheel which is just okay, but beats the cracked to pieces original it came with. I'd love a set of buddy buckets but they are hard to find.

The engine has a mild torque cam with small valve heads, an Edelbrock Performer Q-Jet intake, aluminum high volume water pump, HEI and bit of chrome. The TH350 has a B&M shift kit and I upgraded the rear with 3.73 gears. It tows quite nice and peps along very well in everyday driving. All the suspension components have been replaced so it drives very tight and smooth.

When I restore it I am upgrading the bed to a wood bed made of quarter-sawn white oak. It will be maroon which was the original color but I won't be including the original white cab roof. Just the other day I added an aluminum radiator which seems to have solved my always running hot 400sb issue.
Attached Images

Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote