The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Door components removal, such as for the roll-up window

Lots of information on this website, but I could use some clarification/confirmation. I'm removing everything from the doors "next week" (Sure hope it doesn't take a week HA!). It would be a very bad day to break a window. I've already removed the inside door panels and door locks. Sorry for all the questions, which are in blue font. My primary concern is how to remove the roll-up window and regulator. Thank you for any comments/advice:

Should I remove the door latch and door handles before the windows? The inside door handles are on without the interior panels in place.

There appears to various approaches, but would you agree the roll-up window should be removed before the vent window?

Is the window channel the felt piece that runs from the top of the roll-up window to inside the door to the vent window?

I’ve read from various posts to “remove the rear window channel”. What is this?

The following seems to be the best instructions I've found (thanks LocDoc). Any comments or additions?

1. Remove the inner and outer window sweeps. (You can’t pull the wing window back to get it out of the door frame with them in place).

2. Pull the door window channel out of the door frame at the top by the wing window. (You can’t pull the wing window back to get it out of the door frame with it in place).

3. Remove the two ¼” machine screws at the bottom of the "rear" window channel and the ¼” machine screw from the top of the "rear" window channel by the door latch. You can leave the channel in the door but push it back in the corner.

4. If you are replacing the window felt channel pull it all out starting up by the top of the wing window.

5. Roll the door window down and slide it back away from the wing window.
Does this mean the window should be raised all the way up for the steps 2 through 4? Can the window be removed at this point?

I'm not too concerned about removing the vent window. From what I can tell this should be pretty simple if the roll-up window is removed first. Thank you.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote