The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
natestep

67 GMC C10 motor conversion problem

I have a 67 GMC C10 that had a 292 with a power glide. I have put a 350/350 in it and I have all kinds of problems. I bought the V8 engine stands due to reading on here that I would need them due to the offset on the 292. I bolted my motor and transmission together and bolted the transmission mount to the cross member. When I let the motor down to the motor stands in the front holes my motor is about two inches back. My stock shift linkage appears to be lined up with the transmission perfectly. I ended up trying a later set of motor mounts on like an 80 model but my distributed is hitting the firewall before my cab mounts line up and the seem at the floor pan is hitting the bell housing. It appears that my cross member need moved up but that would throw my shift linkage off and it would have to be moved. I have about an inch or so play where the front yolk of my driveshaft comes out of my transmission so that looks right. All the post on here that I have read don't say anything about moving the crossmember but just a bolt in deal. The only thing I can figure is a turbo 350 is shorter than a glide. I have been a mechanic for about 20 years and it's driving me nuts to not see where the problem is. Please help!
natestep is offline   Reply With Quote