The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
Travis1974

1972 GMC longbed resurrection

I have lurked for a long time and had intended on doing a build thread on my GMC that I have almost restored. As you all know, life gets in the way, 3 kids, etc. Anyway, I got the work in here and there and just fell in love with this truck along the way. I did all the work myself 100%.
The sad part of falling in love with a pickup truck and having 3 little kids is that they can't enjoy the truck as well. The truck will stay in the family and will be put in my will but I have been looking to add a burb to the family for a year now. I finally found one and will be bringing it home for a complete resto this weekend. Eagerly awaiting the new arrival, I have been lurking the burb forum. Call it guilt but I feel the need to dump my build pics of the beloved pickup. She's not done yet. I need mostly interior work, bumpers, upper trim, etc.
But here it goes. Enjoy. I'll update as I finish.

I promise to be a better member and post the burb as I go. Look for me over there in the coming months.

This was the truck when I brought it home. It was left in primer for years and the interior was krylon rattle can white and maroon. The drivers side rear fender was crunched. Rust in all the usual places (above windshield, rockers gone, lower doors rusted through.
Attached Images

Travis1974 is offline   Reply With Quote