The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #11
dieseldawg142

Re: '64 chevy 2wd to 4wd

thanks Dale!
to me the hardest & most frikin' tedious thing was making a billet grille, then it never showed up in any pics soooo.....just because...
Name:  103.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  38.2 KB

and i joined the unemployed club too Dale. after working with this guy for almost 30 yrs, had a disagreement monday. end of story there. super glad i've got an excellent reputation in the industry, first place i called, the place i was hoping to go to, was like yup, come on down. was weird driving a truck yesterday with different signs on it....was only unemployed one day, but it was not a good feeling....
got a couple things done on my unemployment day- just could'nt get into it, but did get some frame work done. the 4x4 frame is pretty much strait, and this 2wd one is not. cut out the trailing arm stuff & "a" arms
Name:  032.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  53.3 KBName:  033.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  57.4 KB

at first i was going to replace the front half of the frame, but i would lose the solid mounts for body to frame, and would have to cut & rework the inner fenders. so i cut the frame almost off the floor pan & straitened the rails. i like it better this way cause the frame rails were riding right down the edges of the box looking goofy. fill the gaps on the floor, add a few crossmembers and i think it will do
Name:  037.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  57.6 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote