The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2016, 01:04 AM   #1
dmacs66gmc

newbie with a quick question

Been lurking on the site for a while and decided to sign up. Lots of good info on the here. Hello all from Alberta, Canada!!
I am restoring a 66 gmc long stepper that was a christmas present for my wife.I am fairly new to the world of old trucks and thought this would be a good place to gain knowledge.Started working on it last winter. It is a very solid truck with no rust issues. Just needed some mechanical tlc. The 305 v6 was too cool to remove so I took the time to freshen it up and it runs like a top. Also replaced the 3 on the tree with a 4spd. I like when people look under the hood and say ''what the hell is that?''

Been working on restoring the bed lately. New oak floor stained black.
When installing the cross braces to the frame I used some 1/8'' belting to make some pads to go between the cross braces and the frame.The bed floor was non existent when I got it and there were no rubber pads. Looks like I may need to use thicker pads because the bed is sitting too low to mount the floating brace and the rear cross sill. Was there a standard thickness the rubber bushings are supposed to be???
Here are a few pick of progress to date.
Attached Images

dmacs66gmc is offline   Reply With Quote