The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
TCCGRIZ

My Story and I'm sticking to it 72 K10

Well, I have been lurking here for quite some time . My passion for these trucks started with a 67 short step side c-10 my dad had when I was 5 , first truck I remember riding in . Well dad was coming off the interstate and the rear axle broke and rolled it . Then he bought the 69 that is in my avatar .(man I loved that truck ) Then in 83 he traded it in , I was devastated to say the least ,2 years from getting my license. I turned 18 got my self a 69 K10 long box drove it for 22 years had a stock pile of them, 72 4x4 blazer ac , 72 burb 4x4 , 70 c-10 . Loved them all . Sold them all for to help fund the new house on 30 acres of paradise in the mountains south of Butte America

So the story continues , My dream was to own a sort step K10 . I found this truck 15 years ago in a ranchers field . I knew him well and talked to him it was his nephews father in laws. So I called him up asked him if he wanted to part with it . He wanted to but it was sentimental to his wife ( understandable ). Well once or twice a year I would run into him or call him to ask about the truck and the answer was always the same . Then last fall out of the blue he called and said it was mine . Same price I offered him 15 years prior. Name:  20151019_153121.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  20151019_153113.jpg
Size:  34.3 KB
So it begins I will keep posting pics on this build to catch you up ,It is ready to go to paint in about a week or two . I'll finish my story first

Well then I bought the Wood Truck as I call it a 72 K20 some one stuffed a 454 in it . It has been used but I love it Name:  20151019_153121.jpg
Size:  47.3 KBI'll get a better pic for you guys later

I was looking for a 2wd for the cab and body for the Wood Truck when I noticed this on craigslist . So I took a 2 hour drive with a buddy to look at it and fell in love as soon as I seen it . Ran and drove like a dream . So it will be my DD on Fridays and the weekends 69 C20 , 396 camper special it is beautiful My wife even likes it She even named it the Renegade ( Styx was on the radio singing Renegade that's where the name comes from)Here she is ,Well it says I am missing a security Token I'll try later
Attached Images

TCCGRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote