The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
the idiocracy

How's this for a first post?

So I have lurked this site for years, reading, linking to stories, and finding suppliers and generally benefitting from all the other awesome stuff that this site has to offer. Well, I have been going back and forth with shat to do with my truck, a 67 longbed stepside, original inline 6 (250) with a three speed on the tree (that someone bastardized and moved to the floor). Ive had her on and off since 1999, buying and selling the same truck 3 times over the years.

The first ownership period was 1997 - 1998, when my old man found the truck in someones yard and took it off their hand for $500 bucks. He gave it a tune up and I had my first car (I had to make payments, it wasn't free). But it wasn't fast or cool so after a year I sold it for $1500 to a friends Dad.

A few months later, as I was getting ready to graduate HS, I realized that truck was cooler-n-hell, and was able to buy it back for $1200. It just sat there for a year and then he needed to get rid of it. So I owned it again.

Then I went to Marine Corps boot camp, and my old man redid the body, taking it from the primer grey that it was (we should have left that way in hind sight) to a show quality yellow paint job. He did all the work himself, as a graduation present from Boot camp. The truck looked amazing. I intended to get the truck when I figured out where I was getting stationed and that would be that. But, that didn't work out...so when I was on float, we stopped in Hong Kong, I suggested that my pops put a for sale sign on it with a crazy number. By the time I got to the next port (Hawaii) the truck was sold, and I didn't have a chance to tell him I didn't want to sell it! Oh well. That was 2001.

Fast forward 13 year, November 2014, my wife is 9 months pregnant with my second kid and I am in my final semester of a B.S in Aerospace Engineering. I am flipping through Craigslist, and I see a yellow truck flash by the screen. No friggin way...can'y be.

Sure as hell, that was my truck. Only one like it. Still had the racing seats that my not so skinny but didn't fit in any longer! (don't judge me...they matched the color scheme back in 1998). Called the guy, told him im buying his truck and that was basically it. I went and saw it, didn't really matter what condition it was in. It ran and drove. Paid the man, took her home. For the last time. Maybe...

Over the last year, I have been collecting parts for a turbo build. There are so many C10s with small blocks running around now, I figured I would try something a little different. Well, about $2500 into it for everything and she up and running. A little rough at the moment, but running none the less. And she has a whistle that is oh so sweet!!!

Here's a few pics...
Attached Images

the idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote