The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
nickvig

Intro: New Owner '87 GMC

Hey guys. I've been lurking around here for quite a while. A few years ago I had a '98 regular cab short bed but I ended up getting rid of it. I've been looking for a truck and found this really nice GMC:

It's mostly original. The front end has cut springs and there's 2" shackles in the back. I'm working on putting it back to stock because the cut springs only leave me about 1" of travel in the front and it bottoms out a lot. I love lowered trucks but something that's stock is much more useable for me these days. And I like the idea of a semi-restored truck of this vintage.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a few questions.

RPO code V42 says step bumper. Does that just mean a stock rear bumper? This truck has what looks to be an aftermarket bumper but I can't find anything like it.

RPO code B7P says Fleet Incentive Whataburger. I don't believe this is correct in 1987. Does anyone know what that RPO code actually was?

Did any of these trucks come stock with a rear swaybar? This truck has one but it isn't connected. I'm not sure if someone put it on there and then it was disconnected when they dropped the rear end.

I read through Keith Seymour's thread and saw that he added a factory tach to his truck. I've been searching through the forums but can't find anything definitive about swapping the gas gauge for a factory tach. Is there a sticky or info posted anywhere I'm missing?
Attached Images

nickvig is offline   Reply With Quote