The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

yeah the guy who shot holes in this truck needs shot himself. one bullet just knocked the windshield gasket out at the top, that was the cause of all the cab rust right there.

I tried a metallic silver on the speaker and ashtray, passable.

I tried offsetting the ac condenser to the passenger side but the pipe kept the hood from shutting

so I trimmed the drivers side a little more and had great results

I need to whip up a mount, the condenser sandwiches (like original) ok but the plastic piece would look out of place.

and the reason I am slower than normal, my daughter graduated high school with honors, almost a full scholarship, works 30 hrs a week, and hits dingers on her softball team. mom and I talked it over and replaced her 15 year old 190k focus svt with a low mile mini cooper. 6spd of course, she is proud that she is one of only a few kids in her entire school that can drive a stick. here I am flushing the coolant and polishing the headlights and treating the leather with leatherique (amazing stuff)

I did get the passenger door glass/seals in, well halfway. having trouble getting the glass to seat in the metal frame. replacing the rubber wiper in the door was fun on a bun too (it wasnt fun)

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote