The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
chevycheetah

First build

So my first post on the forum will be about my first ever build, or full true build anyway. I don't have too many pictures to post but I will take some more later tonight and post them so y'all can see.
Is there any good advice on where to start, etc? I will need to totally redo the brake lines and most likely the brake lines (which I just did on my '07), some electrical work to get the engine cranking, and I have to replace a U-joint; however (though I am skeptical) the guy I bought the truck off of still remains adamant that it will start up without a problem. I opened up the engine and noticed the valves are a little burnt and will need to be redone at some point but aside from that I'm fairly impressed with the engine.
The floor pans have this truck looking like it could be a flintstones truck soon. Whats the best option to replace these? I looked into ordering online but freight charges to my house are $175 which I will not pay just to get some metal for a floor. I was thinking of cutting up an old welding table I have and using that? Any issues going to come along? It's stainless steel and in good shape. Aside from the bed, floor pans, cab corners, rocker panels, and the lower half of the doors, the rust isn't too bad.
Sorry for the inane rambling that probably did not make much sense as well, I'm a little out of my mind sometimes
chevycheetah is offline   Reply With Quote