The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #31
BrianG

Re: Half a dozen failed windshield install attempts...

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues Dave. While reading this, I realized that I might have forgot to update the other thread with how my windshield install went. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but it went really good. I had an experienced installer do mine, while I helped. As you might remember, I used glass from Summit (bought the same one that you are using). I also used a Precision gasket. I did have to use the OE trim that I had though. The brand new aftermarket stuff would not lay flat on the windshield no matter what I tried. I had the gasket and trim on when he got there, so luckily I was able to get my old OEM stuff and polish it up really well. I think it actually looks better than the aftermarket. As far as the window goes, we had no issues at all. It was thinner than original, but it fit fine. I do have one suggestion if you have not already tried to do so. That would be to get a second window seal. Maybe your first one is just bad or something. For the price of a a new seal, it would be worth a try and might save them some time. Good luck and keep us posted.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote