The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
dflarsen77

New to the forum, about to buy a 70 C10

Howdy folks. I've actually been browsing the forum for years, but I only recently registered because I finally got the OK from the wife to get a truck. My oldest son is turning 14 in August, so I'm planning on a simple 2 year project that he'll be able to drive, and I'll be able to haul wood for my furniture making, and whatever else.

I've got a truck already lined up to look at tomorrow, found it on CL.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5617549802.html

I talked to the guy, and he says there isn't any noticeable rust in the rockers, sills, door bottoms.
- There is some in the front passenger fender on the very front lower edge.
- It has an Edelbrock 1406 that he says needs a rebuild, thinks the accel pump is out (I know new gas ruins the plastic rod), so that isn't a big deal to me, I've rebuilt carbs, and I hear these are easy-ish.
- It has dual auxiliary gas tanks, but he says they're disconnected.
- It was converted to 5 lug and front discs, but he knows little about it, the PO did it, told him the disc setup was from a 71 camaro.

Otherwise, I see the 73+ bumper (apparently they fit...), rando steering wheel, white primer job over an obviously yellow truck, hood hinge issue.

So what can anyone else see or what else should I look for? I've read a couple buying guides, and I'm familiar with buying old cars, but this is the first I've done for myself.

It's not in amazing shape, but he's giving me what I think is a decent deal for what it is and what I need for now. Unless anyone local to Modesto, CA has a better deal and a better truck!
dflarsen77 is offline   Reply With Quote