The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Ken B

Took the 70 Longhorn on a road trip...

Every year for the past 7 yrs. my son and myself go to an all Wheel Horse garden tractor show for 3 days in Pa. Its about a 5 hr. ride from my house. This is the first time taking my all original C30 Longhorn The Longhorn has a new Goodwrench 350 in it, an sm465 4-speed and 410 gears. I kept my rpm's right around 2600 most of the time, sometimes a little higher sometimes a little lower. At 2600 rpm I'm doing about 62-63 mph. In total I probably had about 1200 pounds in the bed between two tractors and camping gear. The truck didn't skip a beat and ran awesome. I wouldn't mind swapping the rear out to a 373 rear to cut the rpm's down a little and save some gas, maybe even be able to cruise around 68-70 mph so I'm not holding up my buddies in their trucks who also go to the show. My question is, what rear end would be a direct bolt in if any? My truck has rear leaf springs. Fuel mileage was right around 10 mpg, maybe. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote