The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
rolson1039

76 cab swap headaches

i went to throw the clutch pedals in the truck today ( for t hose who havent been following my saga over the past year we have a 76 C 10 that was a rot bucket. We put an 81 cab on the chassis. The original cab had a 3 sped on the column this one had the clutch pedal removed and i couldnt get the old clutch pedal in there so i bought a pedal assembly out of a 78 blazer from one of the members here today we went to stick this in.
it turns out there should be some hole through the floor board where the clutch push rod goes and it wasnt in this cab. The cab was originally on a 3/4 or one ton truck so i figured out where the hole should ahve been and made a hole to accomodate it, hook up the linkage and get it all together and the clutch wont dis engage so when you start the truck it stays in gear It also appears that the clutch linkage attached to the transmission smacks into the floor board and doesnt have enough room to fully swing The arms on the transmission seem to have gotten stuck now and i cant seem to get the tranny ou t of gear and if you try to start the truck it moves with the starter gear ( like if its in gear and you aint pushing in the clutch while starting).
the truck wont come out of gear so next warm day i need to see if i can get the linkages loose so i can see if the transmission is good yet. now my questions is this
does anyone have a 76 c 10 with a stick shift preferably a 3 speed stick who could post pics of the clutch linkages under the dash where they go and the entire clutch linkage under the truck.
Better yet any of you who have firsthand knowledge of this kind of stuff in the NJ area have time to come and look at this cause its ben a while and i dont remember if i put it together right or if im missing something or anything. Ive looked at the haynes manual and the factory service manual and it looked ok but maybe i meesed up thats the joy of not touching the truck over the winter you forget stuff lol TIA for your help