The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2004, 02:32 AM   #1
Broken_down?

Unhappy not my weekend...

So this weekend on the way home from Susanville CA, about 10 miles form my house on the backroad called " Cherokee" road. Anyone that lives near here knows that taking a truck like these is rissky business.. a 2 lane road, and my truck takes my lane + half the other one..lol beatiful drive but a huge drop into the canyon if you screw up. Anyhow upto the top coming down I look at my temp gauge and it is running half way. so I found a place in some guys driveway to pull over and look and the altinator is wobbling. I shut her down and noticed the bottom bolt had come loose. no biggie. Untill I looked close and found my bolt had snapped off. now my water pump and altinator in not pumping. SO afetr fiddling round I got it to work with the belt loose but enough to turn the pump and alt. so I have to drill the bolt out of the head. And re-tap the bolt hole. what size is the alt bolt for a 71 350 SB? but none the less my baby got us home. gotta love these trucks!!

rich
WHY DO THEY CALL THEM JUNKYARDS ANYWAY??? I LIKE TO THINK OF IT AS A TREASURE HUNTING MISSION
Broken_down? is offline   Reply With Quote