The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2016, 06:17 AM   #1
cjoenny89

new clutch in my future?

Ok I have been working on this truck since last summer and never drove it before that it sat for years 25 or so in our garage after my dad rebuilt the engine and let it set. anyway I remember my dad having trouble putting the engine back in the truck and I wonder if he bent the clutch pressure plate springs? Now that the truck is painted and we are working out the bugs when I got to drive it no matter how I let the clutch out in rev or 1st gear it chatters or shakes the truck. I can ride the clutch or dump it doesn't matter. shifting in 2nd or 3rd is no problem. Problem is at take off in 1st and rev. I had the same problem in my VW buggy and adjusted the clutch linkage but it only bought me time. replaced it later and it took care of similar issues.
Rebuild 327, I am sure dad didn't replace the clutch truck has 43,000 original miles but I am thinking he bent a clutch spring since I recall no alignment tool and lots of cursing getting the engine in back in the early 90's.
change the clutch or look at the 2 piece drive shaft or does it need adjusted?

C20
3 speed on the column

Thanks
Attached Images

cjoenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote