The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
Motasupra

1953 Chevy Back In The Family

Starting my first build and this is the story of an old truck. When my wife was a kid her Dad would drive this 1953 truck around every day to work in the 80s and 90s. In the early 2000s he gave it to my wife after hitting it with a back hoe moving snow. We had it for a few years but I lacked the skill and storage to keep it around or running.
The sell.
We sold it to an older man from a few towns over and thought it was going to be back on the road. 2011 by farther in law passed and my wife wanted to find the truck badly. So I asked around and a friend of mine was able to fine out what happened for us. Turns out the older gentleman we sold it to had passed on as well and it was gone.
2015 ran in to the truck cruising around at a local car show and followed them to make an offer. Turns out they weren't interested in selling because they loved to drive around with their kids. My wife was happy that the truck was making memories like the ones she had.

May 2016 popped up on Craig's list with no brakes and a blown motor. Slapped it in the trailer and now I'm getting to work.
Motasupra is offline   Reply With Quote