The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #11
Valarius_Starchaser

Re: Project Orange Crush (57 3100)

Try one
Wouldn't fire due to distributor being 180 off
Try two
Fires up but I forgot to tighten a hose clamp on a trans cooler line what a hot mess that was
Try three
Fired right up got it to 32 degrees at 3000 RPMS ANDDDD two plug wire light on fire (water ended this fire easy)
Try four
Ran some other wires we had laying around this time we are up and running for atleast a minute THEN the oil pressure sender hose BURSTS from heat near the header sending hot oil onto it and igniting a very large flame on the back driver side of the bay pulled the key got the hose and she was out but not without a battle wound I can safely say this was one of the scaryist things I've seen it was a large enough fire I thought we weren't going to be able to get it with the fires extinguisher without major damage to the truck but all in all just a little soot and we are all good not a bit of paint lost
Try Five
We ran without a oil pressure gauge this time as I couldn't find a new spot the worked well and the pressure never went bellow 45psi at 3k so I was confident. Continuing we have a steady 2 drips a second oil leak on the front of the pan and were getting very hot like 210+ 2 minutes in the timing mark is hard enough to read we don't actually know what it is but I read what was 36 at 3k which is a little advanced for my comfort zone with the small radiator so we will take a paint pen to brighten some key marks up

All in all disappointed but not crushed and boy the sound of that big block bumping over makes me want to get it done even faster then before

also I want to appologize how picture light I have been since I feel like I don't have anything worth posting in a picture as the bay doesn't look any different then before just with water everywhere now

so to make up for it heres a cool 55 I found on google also the direction I am headed with the roll bar and such notice the wheelbarrow in the firewall

full article can be seen here

Last edited by Valarius_Starchaser; 07-16-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Valarius_Starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote