The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
HUSSEY

Parts Conundrum

One thing I've been blessed with on my build is that not one but three major reproduction parts suppliers are located in Kansas City, those being LMC, Classic Parts, and Jim Carter.

I put together a price comparison of Classic Parts vs LMC. From their posted prices, Classic Parts seems to be the least cost alternative. The one thing that I can't compare without actually seeing the parts is the difference in quality, fit, function, etc, therefore making the overall comparison incomplete.

Wondering who was the OEM of some of their parts I called LMC, I was surprised in that they would not offer that information. It would be interesting to know if most of all of these parts are coming out of the same factory in Taiwan or if they are sourced from different manufacturers. While there may be a decent demand for these parts, I can't imagine to many manufactures wanting to compete for such a narrow market.

Anyone have any input or further insight?