The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
vetnat

Signalstat 105Y78 wiring help

Hi. I bought a used flarestat 105Y hazard light switch, with the connectors cut off, so I am trying to figure out what the wires are. The switch says it came out of a 1966 GMC.

I assume the red wire goes to a flasher, which is connected to a fused power source. Then I have 8 wires from the switch.

2 white wires.
2 purple wires.
1 yellow wire.
1 green wire.
1 light blue wire.
1 dark blue wire.

Can someone help me out with what the wires are, and where they would fit into the curved connectors that I will need to purchase? Thanks.

A secondary question. To make my life difficult, I am planning to use this switch with a steering column out of what I think was a 1969 C10. I think it must have had the red hazard light switch built into it, but is now busted off. I don't want to use the hazards switch in the column, I want to use the flarestat to control the hazards. My truck is a 1961 GMC half ton. My plan is to use an adaptor (American autowire I think) to connect the truck's wiring harness to the later model steering column connector. And obtain some connectors to hook the flarestat up between the two plugs. So, to my thinking, I will need a female and a male connector for a 1969 steering column harness. The female connector I will need to wire to the flarestat, then wire the female connector to the male connector, which will plug into the 1969 column. The female connector on the switch will plug into the adaptor on the truck's wiring harness. Can anyone follow my plan and offer comments and suggestions? Thanks again.