The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

got my extra set of leafs dearched today, and had the driveshaft shortened

got my molex plugs in the mail I got 50 4 pin male and female plugs with 200 male and 200 female pins for 25 bucks shipped. also got the exhaust nuts I had misplaced (they are probably still exactly where I placed them, but my patience in searching was wearing dangerously thin)

missed this by a day. still miffed about it. he had the year typed wrong so it didnt turn up in my search, my brother actually spotted it after 4 days

new leafs in, this frame was really well cared for I can tell, all the bolts just fall out of it. the shackle bolt is almost always stuck but these came right out, not bad for 32 years.

sits almost exactly right. it will go down another inch with the bed, and another 1/2" with the new tires.

bolted up my new belltech nitros on all 4 corners. one word. TAUT.

I had the driveshaft in and thought better of it, there just wasnt enough slack in the trans side and I was worried the rear suspension cycling would jelly it (whats the difference between jam and jelly? old joke, google it) in the trans, so I will bite my pride, embrace my hubris, and have it shortened again. cant wait to hear the big truck guys joke about it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote