The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2016, 12:59 AM   #11
Praxiss454

Re: Newbie thinking about diving into a '65 GMC 1000

Bled the brakes again today (after recently installing new wheel cylinders, drums, and shoes all around). I still don't think all the air is out but it is much better. Also took the carb apart, cleaned it with some carb cleaner, and swapped the accelerator pump out. It works better now, and doesn't stumble like it did before on acceleration. Needed to tweak the idle settings as once it was warm it was idling too low. I think the adjustment I did just now might be enough, we'll see.

Both of the door locks I fixed are broken again, so I'll have to pop them out and see... I bet the band that holds the wafer springs down wiggled loose. I didn't really stake them down very well. Thanks again to LockDoc for the wafers. I probably should have just sent the cylinders to him in the first place.

I have some seat springs coming and a new fuel filler neck. I think once that is all done I will figure out why the brake and indicator lights don't work. Will need to do some fuse panel work for that, and also for the heater. I found some radiator shrouds and proper mounting bracket, and an original fan. The truck hasn't been overheating since I fixed the timing but it still runs a but warm (200-210) so I might also from a lower thermostat in there, like a 180F. (195F now) I don't really want to drain the dang thing though so I might hold off on that.

When I was at a car show today I found myself pointing out things in my head on the Chevy/GMC trucks that weren't "correct"... (like all those chevys with V6s) What's happening to me?!?